- Summary of Services: Welcome to the Our American Century (“OAC”) website.
If you browse or donate through OurAmericanCentury.org, you accept these conditions. If you do not agree, then you do not have permission to use this website.
- Modifications: Over time, our Services may change, laws may change, or something else may change that will make us amend these Terms. Accordingly, we reserve the right to amend these Terms at any time, for any reason. When we amend these Terms, we will publish the amended Terms and specify when they were last revised. We may also provide you with some type of information about what changes were made, but the terms of the amended Terms will govern the relationship. By continuing to access or use the Services after an amendment to these Terms, you are affirmatively accepting to be bound to the new Terms, which will apply to all access to, and use of, the Services thereafter. Keep in mind that you do not have to continue to use the Services. If you do not agree to the new terms in their entirety, stop using or accessing the Services. All changes to the Terms will only apply to projects commenced after the effective date of the change (i.e., the Terms that existed at the time of the project’s creation will apply). However, if we make a change that we deem necessary to prevent unlawful conduct or conduct that would cause us legal liability (each of which we may make immediately upon notice,) then those new terms will apply immediately to those already existing projects.
- Acceptable Use: OAC hereby grants you the right to use our website in accordance with these Terms.
- Eligible Users: You are eligible to access or use our Services only if:
– You are 18 years or older (or, if you are between the ages of 13 and 17 years old, you are using the Services with the consent of or are supervised by a parent or guardian); AND
-You are complying with the campaign finance laws outlined in section 6 below as well as any additional requirements specified during the online contribution process.
- Campaign Finance Laws: Political contributions to OAC are governed by campaign finance laws of the United States (Federal Election Commission or FEC), and OAC makes its best efforts to ensure that all contributions made on the OAC site are in accordance with these laws. For example:
-OAC conspicuously notifies donors that political contributions are not deductible for federal income tax purposes. It goes without saying that OAC is not responsible for your treatment of these donations on your tax returns, and we recommend consulting your tax adviser or tax preparer if you have any questions.
-To comply with the disclosure requirements imposed by the United States and the FEC, it is our policy to collect and report the name and address of each individual who contributes to OAC, regardless of the contribution amount.
Prior to processing a contribution via credit card, OAC requires the donor to affirm that their contribution:
(i) is being made on a credit/debit card for which the donor listed above has the legal obligation to pay, and the contribution will not be reimbursed by another;
(ii) is not being made from a foreign entity or by an individual who is not lawfully admitted to the U.S. with permanent residence status.
Notwithstanding OAC’s best efforts to ensure that all contributions made on the OAC site are in accordance with applicable state laws, you are accepting final responsibility for ensuring your own compliance when making a contribution.
- Representations: If you read section 6 above, it should go without saying that you must provide us with true, accurate, and complete information when you make a contribution.
- Liability and Indemnification: As stated above, acceptance of these terms, including the campaign finance restrictions set forth in section 6, are a necessary condition to use the Services. In consideration of your use of such Services, you are agreeing indemnify and hold OAC, its employees, directors, officers, agents, and volunteers harmless against any and all claims, demands, actions, liabilities, damages, costs, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees, court costs, and other litigation expenses) arising from, or attributable to, your negligence, willful misconduct, or failure to adhere to these Terms. OAC reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to this provision of the Terms, in which case you agree that you’ll cooperate and help us in asserting any defenses. You also acknowledge that we have the right to report to law enforcement authorities any actions that may be considered illegal or unlawful, as well as any reports we receive of such conduct. When requested, OAC reserves the right to cooperate fully with law enforcement agencies in any investigation of alleged illegal activity regarding the use of the Services.
- Processing Funds: If you make a contribution, your card will be charged immediately. For security reasons, OAC does not store your credit card information. Rather, we securely transmit your credit card information to our payment processor.
- Refunds: OAC does everything we can to accommodate requests for refunds. We do our best to honor refunds requested for reasons such as input error or when a contributor accidentally donates twice or enters the wrong donation amount, but we will not consider refunds for other reasons such as a change in political opinion or the loss of an election. OAC reserves the right to refuse a refund request for these or other reasons. All refund requests are subject to the availability of the contribution funds, and we will only refund a contribution if we still have the funds or can recover the funds from the recipient. For this reason, it is of the utmost importance that you make your request for a refund as soon after contributing as possible.
- Intellectual Property: The Our American Century name and all OurAmericanCentury.org content, which may include, without limitation, information, text, data, photographs, video, images, graphics, logos, trademarks, service marks, and other contents or materials, associated technology and software, and the look and feel of the website (collectively “OAC Content”), are the proprietary property of OAC and owned by OAC. These Terms grant you no right to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit, or create derivative works of any OAC Content. Any rights not expressly granted to you herein are reserved by OAC.
- Disclaimer of Warranties: You use our Services solely at your own risk. They are provided to you “as is” and “as available” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied.
OAC SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, OR USAGE OF TRADE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION (ORAL OR WRITTEN) OBTAINED BY YOU FROM RCSS SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY.
- Limitations of Liability To the fullest extent permitted by law, in no event will OAC, its directors, employees, partners, suppliers, or content providers be liable for any indirect, incidental, punitive, consequential, special, or exemplary damages of any kind, including but not limited to damages (i) resulting from your access to, use of, or inability to access or use the Services; (ii) for any lost profits, data loss, or cost of procurement or substitute goods or services; or (iii) for any conduct of content of any third party on the OAC website. In no event shall RCSS’s liability for direct damages be in excess of (in the aggregate) one hundred U.S. dollars ($100.00). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Dispute Resolution, Governing Law and Arbitration
We at OAC encourage you to contact us if you’re having an issue, before resorting to the courts. In the unfortunate situation where legal action does arise, these Terms (and all other rules, policies, or guidelines incorporated by reference) will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Virginia and the United States, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law, and without application of the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act or the United Nations Convention of Controls for International Sale of Goods. You agree that OAC and its Services are deemed a passive website that does not give rise to jurisdiction over OAC or its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers, or shareholders, either specific or general, in any jurisdiction other than the State of Louisiana.
Any dispute arising out of, or relating to, these Terms shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules then in effect to be held in the state of Virginia, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. If the amount in controversy exceeds $500,000, arbitration shall be conducted under the Procedures for Large, Complex Commercial Disputes.
These Terms and the other material referenced in them are the entire agreement between you and OAC with respect to the Services. They supersede all other communications and proposals (whether oral, written, or electronic) between you and OAC with respect to the Services and govern our future relationship. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid under the law, that provision will be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms otherwise will remain in full force and effect and enforceable. The failure of either you or OAC to exercise any right provided for in these Terms in any way won’t be deemed a waiver of any other rights.
These Terms are personal to you. You can’t assign them, transfer them, or sublicense them unless you get OAC’s prior written consent. OAC has the right to assign, transfer, or delegate any of its rights and obligations under these Terms without your consent. OAC will provide you notice via email, written notice, or by conspicuously posting the notice on our Site.
- Changes to Policy As we continue to develop and improve the OAC website, we may need to update the policies described above and reserve the right to do so at any time. If any changes are made, then we will list the date the policy was last updated.